Sender:
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:40:49 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM, JFrost <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have noticed some companies now are using it to try and recruit.  I would
> look at LinkedIn as the professional's "Facebook".

I'll chime in, too. LinkedIn is the professional's "Facebook" And yes
recruiters are searching through it for potential candidates. It can serve
as your online resume which reminds me I need to update/expand mine.

I have a friend who was recently laid off. They were on LinkedIn but had not
done much with their profile nor had they linked up with many people. At my
suggestion they started expanding their profile and links. Within days this
person had been contacted by a couple of recruiters

One suggestion though. create your account using a non-business email
address. You can have multiple email accounts associated with your account,
but you really should make your primary account a non-business account.

Couple of tips
1. List all of your past employers - you never know who from your past will
surface
2. List all schools you attended, yes even high school
3. Be sure to ask former colleagues, managers, etc for recommendations

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va