Sender:
From:
Trudy M Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:05:25 EST
What about Plaxo?  I have had numerous people invite me to join them  on
Plaxo.  Since know them I do, but I barely ever look at it.  There  is another one
also but the name escapes me.  There are just so many and I  personally don;t
think you need to be on  everyone of them.  I think  one should be selective
if one is going to put themselves out there in the  universe.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of  Chaos"
8440 Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
Office:  205/699-8571   Fax: 205/699-3278
_www.filemanagement.com_ (http://www.filemanagement.com/)

In a message dated 2/21/2009 7:42:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

On Sat,  Feb 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM, JFrost <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

> I have noticed some companies now are using  it to try and recruit.  I would
> look at LinkedIn as the  professional's "Facebook".

I'll chime in, too. LinkedIn is the  professional's "Facebook" And yes
recruiters are searching through it for  potential candidates. It can serve
as your online resume which reminds me I  need to update/expand mine.

I have a friend who was recently laid off.  They were on LinkedIn but had not
done much with their profile nor had they  linked up with many people. At my
suggestion they started expanding their  profile and links. Within days this
person had been contacted by a couple  of recruiters

One suggestion though. create your account using a  non-business email
address. You can have multiple email accounts associated  with your account,
but you really should make your primary account a  non-business account.

Couple of tips
1. List all of your past  employers - you never know who from your past will
surface
2. List all  schools you attended, yes even high school
3. Be sure to ask former  colleagues, managers, etc for recommendations

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM  CA
Richmond, Va

Contact  [log in to unmask] for assistance
To unsubscribe from this  list, click the below link. If not already present,
place UNSUBSCRIBE  RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the  message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

**************You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how
to find them. Start with AOL Personals.