Sender:
From:
James Mullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:25:46 -0500
I've only had a couple of responses to my question (see below), but maybe
it's just because it was the weekend and y'all were out shoveling snow
~(:^)    Any other suggestions??

Jim Mullen, Spirit AeroSystems
Wichita, KS

In a long-term electronic records storage environment where retentions can
be 50 years or more for large portions of the data and where said records
have been moved from the "production environment" to an "archive" server, is
there a documented standard, best practice, or recommendation from a
recognized authority on how often those records should be reviewed for
integrity and any other management purposes?

Our "production" repository repository for said data is approach 20 terrabytes
and as I'm writing the instructions on how to use the chosen tool to archive
to a near-line repository, the above question bubbled to the surface.