Sender:
From:
Nick Naubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2010 17:36:57 -0400
My apologies to the listserve for not introducing myself prior to posting a topic
for conversation and feedback.

I am Nick Naubert and I work as a salesman/consultant for a locally owned
and operated Records Management (RM) company in Seattle, WA. I have been
in the RM industry for 5 years now, and being in a sales/consultation role, I
get a lot of questions regarding industry specific retention schedules and
guidelines, not to mention other RM related topics. I try to make every effort
to provide accurate and reliable information to my current and prospective
clients in regards to their RM challenges and goals. I have some pretty good
resources for the usual questions but every once in a while I get asked about
something I am completely unfamiliar with and it prompted me to post the
topic earlier.

I am not new to the listserve, however today was my first actual post.
Considering the great feedback that I have received already, I can see that
the listserve will be another valuable resource for sharing information and best
practices, not to mention a great place to post question.

That being said, I can shed a little more light on my topic from earlier. I have
a private civil engineering firm who despite being in operation for over a
decade, they have never put together a structured records management
program and the first goal is to identify those things they do not need to keep
any longer. I spoke with a librarian at the Sec. of WA State, and she informed
me there are no laws or regulations pertaining to the retention of civil
engineering records. I was a little shocked to hear that, and having no luck
with the rest of my resources, I thought the listserve may be able to shed
some light.

My thanks to Angela, Gary, and Larry for their responses, and to Peter for
pointing out my bad form for not properly introducing myself to the group. I
look forward to ongoing and engaging topics with the list.

Best regards,

Nick Naubert
Seattle, WA