Sender:
From:
alex campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:37:27 -0400
I had a chance to read and reflect on Patrick Cunningham's blog post. While
I do not pretend to be as experienced as Mr. Cunningham in the Records and
Information Management field, my four years of experience has taught me that
this field is full of growth and opportunity.  We are not approaching the
end of days of Records Management, as Mr. Cunningham would have you believe,
but rather, an exciting new chapter. Having just completed a Masters in
Information & Digital Resource Management at Columbia University, Mr
Cunningham would probably steer me towards a career in "litigation functions
or compliance departments" as higher end Records Management positions will
merely become "adjuncts" of these twin career paths. As I prepare to sit for
level 1 & 2 of the CRM, I loudly and proudly declare that I am here to stay.

*The views expressed by me herein do not necessarily reflect the views of my
employer*

Alexander Campbell
Records Clerk I
Latham & Watkins, LLP