Sender:
From:
Bruce Schinkelwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:42:26 -0500
Forwarded from colleagues in Australia and recently posted to the RMAA
listserv. Apologies for cross-posting.

Since 2004 Synercon Management Consulting has maintained an online register
of incidents, highlighting poor recordkeeping practices.

In August this year we re-launched Lest we Forget in a blog  format to
facilitate tagging, comments and to make maintenance and archiving easier.
The blog also provides RSS feeds as well as links to Twitter, Linked in etc.

http://www.synerconlwf.co

In editing Lest We Forget we try to focus on those issues which have a
significant impact on the rights of individuals (including taxpayers) and
communities. Incidents are grouped into categories:

.         Breakdowns in Accountability

.         Exposed through audit

.         Inadequate Systems

.         Non-compliance

.         Operational Failures

.         Privacy Breaches

.         Systemic Failure

Recent posts include:

Audit Says State Wasted $92 Million on Medicaid (US)

Billions unaccounted for in Iraq and Afghanistan (US)

Derriford Hospital lost records after 28-year-old patient's death (UK)

Dozens of missing Iraqis believed to be lost in Abu Ghraib prison (US)

Foreclosure-gate - an exercise in non compliant recordkeeping(US)

.         Will Bankers go to Jail for Foreclosure-gate?

.         Mortgage lending and foreclosures on full automatic

OSHA Program Focuses On Inadequate Recordkeeping (US)

Pentagon can't account for how it spent $2.6 billion in Iraqi funds, audit
finds (US)

Ongoing issues with data loss in the UK

.         Firms breaching data protection rules

.         Burglary leads to loss of data for 9,000 children

.         ICO spanks Kent Police for data loss

.         Another NHS trust found to be in breach of the Data Protection Act
following the loss of over 100 patient records

Recordkeeping and the Deepwater Horizon Oil Rig (US)

.         Federal Inspections on Oil Rig Not as Claimed

.         Whistleblower: BP Risks More Massive Catastrophes in Gulf

Report critical of MoD record keeping (UK)

The archive of our original Lest We Forget pages is still available on the
Synercon website.
<http://www.synercon.com.au/resources/Lest_We_Forget/lestweforgetarchive.sht
m>

Bruce Schinkelwitz, MAS CRM