Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:22:09 +0000
From:
"Niss, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Just a quick intro:  Mount Sinai has a very young records management program.  I am the institution's Archivist and head up the program, and am currently keeping it afloat as we hire a new records manager.  I have done fairly well with the questions that have come my way to date, but this one stumps me. I have searched the list Archives and Googled a variety of terms with no good result.  It seems like it is a straight forward question, but I just cannot find anything definitive to point to back up a reply.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Our Development Office is planning on scanning their donor correspondence and checks to facilitate shared access across the department.  Someone has told them that check information (ABA # and account #) should be redacted from copies, but I just do not believe that these scanned checks need to be redacted.  Of course, I am wrong about something at least once a day (just ask my teenagers), so please, feel free to tell me I am wrong.  Or right. Just point me to a source.

Gratefully,

Barbara

Barbara J. Niss
Archives & Records Management Div.