Sender:
From:
Jessica Fairchild <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:57:04 -0800
Greetings,
I've been a lurker on the list for some time, and have found the guidance
and discussion to be invaluable.  Thank you!  In terms of a brief
introduction - I have worked in records management in the public sector for
the last three years.  Prior to that, my experience was in libraries and
archives.  In addition, I hold a MLS from UW-Madison.  I am currently the
records management coordinator for a mid-size public agency in San Diego,
CA.

My organization is currently looking into Microsoft's BPOS.  I am interested
in hearing the experiences of folks who have deployed this suite in their
organization.  One of my biggeset concerns at this point is that there
doesn't seem to be any contract language specific to the hosting of our
data.  My understanding is that only a SLA will be appended to our master
agreement for this service.  Other concerns include the crafting of policies
and procedures surrounding the use of the collaborative functionality and
their requisite records implications *prior* to implementation.  Many thanks
in advance for your consideration.

Warmly,

Jessica Fairchild
San Diego, CA