Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:23:28 -0800
From:
sasha babin <[log in to unmask]>
I looked at press release and  realized and what actually come to my attention is the next part:
"To meet the needs of the variety of firms exposed to spoliation torts – including architects, engineers, land surveyors, landscape architects and agency construction managers, as well as engineering companies that provide testing and forensic analysis"

In my archives and records management practise, I worked with records of some big construction companies.
After seeing the records, it is no mo secret for me when I here about.... collapsing of structure, let say.
Very often when it happened, investigator are looking for documents, and very often they don't exist somehow.
I think you remember than now we have set of records from designer, architect , engineer, and set called "as build" .

Before, before...
it was common that the changes in the material used were not saved, or somehow, "forgotten" on the field.
When investigators look at original records - plans, engineering calculations, and..., and compare them with analysis of what left over from the structure....Hairs go up. I think you know these stories.

Now, may be this Insurance is talking also about cases like this?
Contractor, sub-contractor, sub-sub-contractor???

Another issue. I worked with records related to "licencing' the foreign colleges and universities, mostly from US, and was surprised how well the part related to keeping Records was worded.
Let say the University??? from some American state. In case the University decides to close its activity completely, the all records regarding programs, staff, and graduates, will transfer to State Archives, or another University ( with real name).
Also, the document says who will control the safety of the records of this university.
For me it was example how it should be, on the paper at least.

Another side of this insurance:
what will be cheaper -to establish proper records management program, or to pay the annual insurance premium, that could be equal potential fine?
Regards,

Alex Babin