Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:42:27 -0500
From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Once again the federal gov't responds reactively and narrowly to the
situation at hand. Like the restrictions implemented by the TSA (1
explosive shoe = check all shoes; flammable liquid smuggled into a soda
can = no liquid containers; 1 pair of explosive underwear = full body
x-ray) , this one does not seem to address the source of the problem but
instead seeks to stop other gov't employees from doing the exact same
thing. Like we've seen with the TSA, each time a specific item is banned
or screened, the bad guys look to another way. I feel the same will happen
-- another way will be figured out if our gov't does not look at the
source of the problem and address it appropriately.

Stephen Cohen
Records Manager
MetLife

US Defense Department bans removable media to curb Wikileaks |
Electronista
The US Department of Defense has banned all forms of removable digital
storage from being used on its computers in a bid to stop Wikileaks
and similar exposures, an ironic leak from the military has revealed.

 http://bit.ly/f0ySQw

Source:
http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/12/10/us.dod.bans.removable.storage.in.wikileaks.fight/

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.