Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:53:38 -0500
From:
"Breeden, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
AIIM has a standard for just this purpose.  It is ANSI/AIIM TR-34-1996 "Sampling Procedures for Inspection by Attributes of Images in Electronic Image Management (EIM) and Micrographic Systems."

If you are converting 2,000 or 5,000 documents, I would simply look at each image and not worry about sampling.  However, if you are converting 1.8 million images like I did many years ago, then looking at each document is not feasible or cost effective and using the standard could be invaluable to you.

In addition to using the standard to be sure that the conversion met your requirements, you can also use it to have a "meeting of the minds" with your conversion vendor to be sure that they understand your requirements in the first place.
John

John Breeden, CRM
Enterprise Records Manager
Old Dominion Electric Cooperative