Sender:
From:
Wendy Glickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:02:37 -0400
Hi Everyone,

My department is looking into the pros and cons of migrating our
Documentum system to Sharepoint 2010 in order to consolidate records
and security parameters into one system, both for management purposes
and the user experience.  If anyone has done this or has an opinion, I
would appreciate hearing what would be gained and lost by doing so.

And if we are crazy for even thinking this, please let me know that as well. : )

Currently we use Documentum as a respository for key corporate records
utilizing the object properties for each document's metadata,
everything else is either in shared drives or Sharepoint - including
key records users have not yet transferred for Documentum (part of the
problem).  We do not use the Records Manager Administrator or
Retention Policy Services (RPS) modules yet, so this information would
not be lost.  But we would use the RM features of Sharepoint to
delinate records from non-records and manage them accordingly with our
retention schedule.

We are still considering sticking with Documentum and implementing
RPS, so hearing about the merits of RPS vs. Sharepoint RM would be
helpful as well.

Thank you very much!

-Wendy

Wendy Glickman, CRM