Sender:
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 09:18:42 -0400
Subject:
From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
Further to Larry's comment, if you got the money as a federal grant of some kind, there may be some recordkeeping requirements for that specific grant program.  Federal agencies have regulations dealing with the grants they hand out, and those usually contain some sort of recordkeeping and retention requirement.  The recordkeeping is usually standard accounting records and retention is normally only a few years and not a problem, but without looking you can't be absolutely sure, since every agency has its own set of rules, and many have more than one grant program.  Here's one example, from H.U.D.:

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_10/24cfr84_10.html

John Montaņa
Montaņa & Associates
29 Parsons Road