Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:47:43 -0400
From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
I was just talking about this with my cousin over dinner last night.
Growing up when there were only landlines, one had to remember several
phone numbers. I still remember the number of the house where I grew up -
795-6131, and my father's number after my parents' divorce - 387-3132. I
can honestly say I only know 3 numbers now: mine, my wife's personal cell,
and my colleague's work phone. When I need to call my parents, I have to
look them up in my cell phone's directory, even if I'm calling from
another phone. Something has been lost.

Sweltering hot and humid here in Boston. Expected to reach high 90s this
afternoon. (What's with those doubting Thomas'es of climate change?!?!
Three weeks ago I was still wearing flannel pajamas.)

Stephen Cohen
MetLife
New York City NY (in Boston office this week)