Sender:
From:
Kelly Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:38:03 -0400
Hello to the listserv!

I've been watching the Project Barcelona blog
(http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_barcelona_team_blog/) with a certain
excitement...on the surface, this technology sounds like it would solve a lot of
information management problems.

On the other hand, it sounds like they are planning for DBA's and other IT folks
to take charge, and without regards for good information management
(taxonomies and classification quickly come to mind) principles.

I'm interested in hearing opinions from other information management folks out
there.  Do you think this is a replacement for information management, a tool
to use in conjunction with information management principles, or should it not
be deployed at all?

The introduction to the project can be found at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_barcelona_team_blog/archive/2011/04/11/intr
oduction-to-project-barcelona.aspx

Thanks!

Kelly Hamilton, CRM