Sender:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:13:28 -0600
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Scott,

Congrats on the new position. Several resources come immediately to mind.

1. ARMA. The national website (http://www.arma.org) as well as a number of the local chapters offer job boards you can post positions to.
2. The ICRM. Its website (http://www.icrm.org) also has a job board.
3. AIIM. The national website (http://www.aiim.org) as well as several of the local chapters offer job listings.

Being with NARA, I assume you can post positions to http://www.usajobs.gov; also, many of the state records organizations and associations either have job postings or newsletters you can post to.

Finally, not sure if this would be valid without seeing the job descriptions, but you might check with the various programs offering masters degree programs in library science, archives, information management, etc. The San Jose State MARA program is the closest I know in the US to a true formal records management degree program, but many schools of info mgmt or library science offer graduate certificates and specializations in the areas you listed. Many of their students and graduates may have some applicable work experience - in my MARA class there were a couple of us that either were CRMs at the start of the program or achieved it during and those I'm thinking of all had significant experience that would probably qualify them for this position.

Best, and welcome to the list,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM
Director, Systems of Engagement
AIIM International