Sender:
From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:05:58 -0400
Hello list!

I am recruiting for a consultant to join my team at Merrill Corporation in
the Client Advisory Services (CAS) group.

In particular, we are looking for someone with significant experience with
RIM in an electronic environment including needs analysis, functional
requirements development, RFP development, etc.  The successful candidate
will primarily help our clients implement their RIM strategy by helping them
evaluate products (existing and new), understand how products will integrate
into their overall technology infrastructure, identify barriers to effective
implementation and evaluate and balance risk associated with the management
of electronic information.

This role will be highly visible both within our team and with our clients
and will have the opportunity to collaborate on other aspects of our
client's work such as program assessments, strategy and policy development,
etc.

I have pasted the job description, including a description of Merrill and
CAS below.  Please contact me at my Merrill address (at the bottom of the
description) if you feel you might be who we're looking for!

Thanks!
Julie

*Company Overview *

When Kenneth F. Merrill founded the K.F. Merrill Company, in St. Paul, in
1968, he created a culture based on fairness, honesty and respect. That
tradition continues today as Merrill has evolved into a global organization
with more than 5,200 employees. Through both organic growth and strategic
acquisitions, Merrill has become a leading provider of outsourced document
management, branded marketing services and other information management
solutions to targeted vertical markets. Our solutions enable clients to
create, access, control, analyze and communicate critical information for
strategy, marketing and regulatory compliance business initiatives.
Delivered through a mix of proprietary technologies, industry specific
processes and outsourced services, our solutions maximize both value and
ease of use for our customers.

*POSITION TITLE:*  Consultant – Records and Information Management (RIM)

*LOCATION:*  Anywhere in the United States with access to a major airport.

Merrill Corporation’s Client Advisory Services (CAS) group is expanding its
team of consultants to assist Merrill in continuing to provide world-class
consulting and advisory services to its corporate and law firm clients.

Merrill is seeking a RIM consultant with significant technology experience
in the RM and/or ECM product space to provide services to clients who are
selecting, implementing and using technologies to manage their records and
information.  In addition to technical acumen, the successful candidate will
also have the knowledge to provide general RIM consulting and services such
as program assessments and development of record retention schedules.

The Merrill CAS group is a small yet highly dynamic team of experts
including lawyers, e-Discovery and litigation support experts, technologists
and information management professionals.  Our consulting and advisory
services cover a variety of topics including Records and Information
Management (RIM), Litigation Preparedness and Litigation Support.

*SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS:*

* *

·         Comprehensive understanding of records and information management
principles.**

·         Significant experience implementing, configuring and/or working
with RM/ECM technologies including requirements development, RFP
development, understanding of the features and functionality of RM/ECM
products currently on the market and the ability to convey pros/cons of
systems to clients.**

·         Ability to evaluate technological functionality as it relates to
implementing business rules and balancing clients’ goals, resources,
constraints and technology environment.**

·         Experience with developing and/or implementing record retention
policies and schedules, particularly in an electronic record environment.**

·         Proven business management skills including tactical, strategic
and creative thinking, and project and relationship management.**

·         Superb written and oral communications skills, including the
ability to lead and participate in remote meetings via teleconference and/or
web conference.**

·         Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to relate
to, communicate with and persuade stakeholders from C-Level executives to IT
and RM managers and staff.

·         Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills;
demonstrated ability to work independently while meeting demanding
deadlines.

·         Ability to manage multiple projects to successful conclusions.

·         Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of
colleagues.

·         Must have a high degree of self-confidence.

·         Bachelor’s Degree Required.  Certified Records Manager and/or
other credentials relevant to the role are a plus.

·         Speaking, writing and active participation in professional
associations a plus.

·         Minimum 5+ years related work experience, including significant
RM/ECM, infrastructure and/or business systems technology experience.**

·         Experience with Documentum, FileNet, SharePoint, OpenText,
FileSurf/CARM/aRM and/or other major ECM/RM tools highly desired.**

·         Solid understanding of typical corporate technology infrastructure
including file shares, email archives, backup systems, etc.**

·         Ability and willingness to travel as necessary (approx 25-50%
travel).**

* *

*RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:*

* *

The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills and/or abilities required.

·         Evaluate clients’ technology environments and strategic
development plans to assist them with selecting and/or configuring
appropriate technology to manage their records and information.

·         Participate in assessing clients’ RIM environment in order to
provide technical and non-technical strategic improvement recommendations
based on standards and best practices.

·         Develop, update and/or advise on implementation of record
retention schedules.

·         Develop, update and/or advise on implementation plans, policies
and procedures related to the management of records and information (e.g.
email management policies, DR/BC policies, etc.)

   - Maintain exceptional customer service orientation at all times.

*
*

* *

*Please forward your resume with salary requirements for immediate
consideration to: **[log in to unmask]*<[log in to unmask]>
* include in the subject line **RIM Consultant – CAS.***

* *

*To help you succeed, we provide a competitive benefits package including:
401(k), vacation, medical, dental, life and disability*

* *

*All candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal
background check.*

*
Merrill Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer*

--
Julie J. Colgan, CRM

http://twitter.com/juliecolgan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/juliejcolgan