Sender:
From:
Michele Kersey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:48:51 -0400
Peter K wrote:

"Ask yourself these questions

Is there a business process that produces this item?
Does this support a business process or decision?
If not associated with a business process what purpose does this item serve.
If no statutory/regulatory citation exists saying how long to retain this
item ask yourself these questions

Is there an operational reason for retaining the record?
Is there an administrative reason?
Is there a financial reason?
Is there a legal reason eg contract based
Is there a historical/archival reason."

Both dashboard definitions in this thread match the notion of a dashboard telling you, much like it does in a vehicle:

- where you are
- where you're going
- where you've been

That data can help someone answer Peter's questions ... and might possibly be a record.

- Michele

Michele Kersey
IBM ECM Product Marketing
http://twitter.com/michelekersey
919.408.7899
Druthers expressed here are mine and not those of my employer.