Sender:
From:
Terra McIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:44:32 -0400
Hi All,

I have a question for those that have Emergency Eyewash stations
(portable or plumbed).  What is the time frame specified on your
retention schedule for the Weekly Inspection Checklists?  I have reviewed
all of relevant regulations that I saw and none of them seem to give
guidance on how long to retain these checklists; however they all say you
must document the inspections.

Here are the regs/standards I have reviewed:

29 CFR 1910.151(c)
ANSI Z358.1-2009 (at least what was provided to me as relevant by
Safety)

Is anyone maybe aware of any case law related to these that might give
guidance?

We currently have these listed under the "Routine Safety Inspections"
category on our Retention Schedule and keep them for 1 year.  Our
Environmental Health and Safety group is saying that we do not need to
retain them past the current checklist (which is approximately 4 months
worth of inspections).

Any guidance or best practices you could share for these types of routine
safety inspection documents is appreciated.  Thanks!

Regards,

Terra McIntyre
Records Manager
National Nuclear Security Administration’s Kansas City Plant
Operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, LLC
Phone:  816-997-7025
Email:  [log in to unmask]