Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:04:27 -0600
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
No strong dog in the fight and know lots of reasons why the change might
have been made - but I wasn't in the room so I don't know and won't
speculate. So you know where I sit before I tell you where I stand, I have
quite a bit of experience in certification and other credential development
and credential taking.

That said, couple of quick points:

1. CRM is not a CPA. CPA is a licensure, not a certification; without a CPA
license, you cannot perform some types of work. Such is not the case for the
CRM as far as I am aware, and of course many members of this list
satisfactorily perform their RM duties without the certification.

2. In Colorado a CPA is required to have a BA (can't tell if it requires
accountancy but I assume so), pass the Uniform CPA Exam and the AICPA Ethics
Exam, then have *one year experience* in public accounting under the
supervision of a CPA. Other jurisdictions require a bit more, but the median
is 2 years.

For what it's worth.

Jesse Wilkins, CRM
Director, Systems of Engagement
AIIM International
http://www.aiim.org
(303) 574-0749 direct
Twitter: @jessewilkins
Attend the AIIM Social Business Virtual Conference on September 8:
http://www.aiim.org/Events/SOE-Conference
Pre-approved for 6 CRM credits