Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:01:17 -0400
From:
"Julie J. Colgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
All very compelling points, however as a respectful rebuttal from my very personal perspective ...

I chose not to sit for the CRM exam for many years although I was well qualified as a candidate and had what I felt to be a practical understanding of the craft.  I chose not to sit for the exam because I equated the exam and certification with outdated skills.  It was focused on antiquated technology and overly archaic process that, from my view held little relevance in what I did everyday (a nod to Susan's comment about tweaking principles to fit real life).

I had also met many CRMs over the years who, I'm sorry to say, I felt personified that disconnect.

So, just because you can pass a test doesn't mean your skills remain relevant, even with

Sent from my iPhone