Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:22:50 -0500
From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Jesse,

Good suggestion, Jesse. I will look into the E-Discovery certification.

I understand where you're coming from with the value of the CA for most records managers. To me the value of a CA is in providing evidence of an understanding of the value of information for historic and research purposes.  The strong emphasis on preservation would be of interest to those working in federal and and state agencies; for example, NARA, New Jersey Department of Archives and Records Administration, and New York State Archives (which handles all records including electronic records).  So, it might provide an edge in some settings?

But I'd be interested in hearing what might be just as or even more valuable to a records manager who is responsible for mot only active records but preservation planning?

Pat