Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:44:11 -0500
From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
This is the philosophy behind the MARA program at SJSU (archives and records). Maybe the order should be changed to Records and Archives because the need to preserve grows out of the creation of records.  Regardless, records managers must understand the historical/research value of records in their care. And archivists must be involved in the beginning so that records are properly cared for before they are transferred to an archive (challenges faced by NARA provides good evidence of this). So, Scott, I admire the fact that you have both CA and CRM certifications and will submit an application to sit for the CA next August.

Pat (only the CRM so far)