Sender:
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:19:06 -0800
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Thorny question, and the answer lies somewhere in here
http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_26

I would think because it exists, it is discoverable and depending upon the
demand placed for information in the meet and confer, if these
documents/records are all subject to the ruling, they should be listed,
including their status.

One thing to keep in mind is your organization's definition of a document
versus a record may come into play- if for example something is a
'document' until it reaches a certain point in your workflow and then it
becomes a 'record', then it would serve as the only evidence of the related
action/transaction.  So it WOULD potentially be seen as a 'transitory
record'.  Same would hold true of an in-process revision that will
eventually (?) result in a version to increment/support an earlier revision
of a 'record'- the fact that it hasn't formally been issued makes it no
less of a 'record'.

Larry
RIMMAN.LARRY@gmail

no, **NOT** and attorney and I DID NOT spend last night in a Holiday Inn
Express either...

--
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA