Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 02:41:14 +0000
From:
Bob Zagami <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Ralph,

As a former Chairman of the Board of AIIM, and having been involved in many discussions, workgroups, and staff engagement when considering new training programs for our industry, I find your remarks offensive and demeaning to the incredible work AIIM has done with education and training over the past ten years and the work they have put into the CIP program.

Your energies would be better served in promoting the CRM program and getting more of your colleagues qualified to carry that designation after their name.  I will not embarrass you by printing the unbelievably low number of records management professionals that have earned this very prestigious acknowledgment of their hard work.

Are you a CRM?

The CIP designation presents an opportunity for many IT professionals, records managers, archivists and certainly vendors to broaden their understanding of the challenges we all face in our businesses today.  Whether it is a technology issue, dealing with social media, security, the movement to the Cloud or the impact of mobile devices on the way we capture, index, manage, retrieve, retrieve and distribute information - we simply can't sit back and let the world pass us by.

AIIM stepped up the plate, made the investments, prepared the materials, and developed a program that will surely be of benefit to the majority of people working in our industry today and many of the readers here.

I do not know you, nor do I know if you have the credentials to make this kind of broad accusation that this program would be a waste of time for subscribers to this listserv.  However, my guess is that most of them can probably make up their own minds without your sarcastic commentary when you have obviously not taken the test, don't intend to take the test, and seem to want to inflict your view on the value of CIP before the program gets off the ground.

If you would go into a testing center next week and take the test and send me your receipt, I will happily reimburse you for the cost of the test - whether you pass or fail - if you will let everyone know your score.

Respectfully,

Bob Zagami