Sender:
From:
Christopher Ferry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:49:22 -0400
Fred,

"And I wonder about the wisdom of Part II, Section C2 "... expanding
the number of permanent record series in the GRS [General Records
Schedules] to reduce the scheduling and appraisal burden on agencies."
It seems to me this trades off an old problem (the scheduling and
appraisal burden) for a new one:  more permanent records to preserve.
And they will be digital, worse yet."

I read this as expanding the General Records Schedules and therefore
reducing the agency-specific records schedules. Creating more GRS will
not be creating more permanent records. It would just combine all the
various agency permanent schedules for say press releases into a
single government-wide permananet press release GRS.

I welcome other interpretations.

Christopher P. Ferry, CRM
ASRC Primus
OSRR Records & Information Center
Office of Site Remediation and Restoration
US EPA New England
5 Post Office Square - Suite 100 (OSRR02-3)
Boston, MA 02109-3912

Phone: 617-918-1356
Fax:  617-918-0356

Internet Site: http://www.epa.gov/region1/cleanup/resource/records/index.html