Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:00:49 -0400
From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hi Christopher,

I agree that reducing the number of agency-specific records schedules is a worthy goal, and this is spelled out in the first sentence of that section.

However, I read the second sentence "These significant changes will include, combining the records series into more appropriate aggregations for easier disposition action by agencies, AND [my emphasis] expanding the number of permanent records series in the GRS to reduce the scheduling and appraisal burden on agencies" as an intent to increase the number of records series that are permanent, hence my comment.

I do hope your interpretation is correct, though!

Fred