Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:09:44 -0700
...Sigh...

Sometimes I get **SO** disappointed with my colleagues...

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Gee Larry,
>
> Are you saying we should make something up to fit our unique circumstances?

Madeline was obviously looking for a custom solution for her
personal/professional setting, as most of us are.  So YES, when it comes to
developing practices/processes for our UNIQUE environments, we develop
solutions to fit our unique circumstances.

> Cool. Imagine if Lawyers could do that or Doctors.

Funny, but they DO.  The rules of engagement for criminal and professional
practice lawyers are substantially different, as are those for
Psychologists and Oncologists, or maybe some are more familiar with
Proctologists?

> We must truly be among
> the most powerful professionals in existence. Based on our innate
> understanding of Records Management,  our months of training and
> experience, our command or policy, we can scope records management within
> our reality to fit what cannot be duplicated anywhere else in America.

What we all hold to are certain common RM principles and WHAT we must
accomplish... HOW we get there is up to each organization. We don't "scope
RM within our reality" we develop practices to conform to our business
needs and then design systems to achieve those needs.

> With the title do we get a throne?
>
> Chris Flynn

It seem as if SOMEONE was on his "personal throne" when preparing this
response this morning. =)

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA