Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:20:00 -0700
From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Scan and OCR each image?
As a vendor I love that thinking.
200 boxes with an estimated 50 reels each and 3000 frames each could easily
be 30 million pages scanned an ocr'd.
Big bucks to create 'keyword searching of contents on each reel'

Why not first inventory the collection?
How many rolls of film?
all 16mm?
all the same reduction (frame size).
what is on each film box label?
estimated film length?
any duplicates?
Does the first frame of each roll have an eye readable target or targets
providing the needed info?
This type of film inventory should take place before scanning anyway and
might produce enough data to satisfy your needs.
--
John R Glover
707-773-1257