Sender:
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:35:30 -0600
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brad Houston <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Subject: [rmrt] Help the RMRT create more educational opportunities!
To: SAA Records Management Roundtable Discussion List <

 ​Hi all,

 Happy new year! As mentioned in the most recent RMRT newsletter, one of
the steering committee's priorities for this year is to expand on the
success of our October "Records Management for Archivists" webinar and
increase the number and scope of educational offerings. To that end, we're
looking for help from you, our members, to share your knowledge and
experience with the rest of the roundtable (and other interested SAA
members) in the form of some webinars on more specialized topics. We're
already updating the 2-day workshop on Records Management for Archivists to
be offered in March (see
http://saa.archivists.org/events/records-management-for-archivists-1580/582/
for
details), but as with the original webinar, we're especially interested in
producing content in that format to make educational materials available at
relatively low cost  to a wider group of archivists/RMs on their own time.

 So, at the moment we're looking for a few things:

 1) *Content Presenters. *We're looking for people here who are interested
in being the voice behind the webinars, which includes enough familiarity
with the content to answer questions the day of the presentation. RMRT
members would help put together the proposal to the Education Committee and
provide assistance with program development (see below).  Some suggested
topics we received include:

   - ​​Records Management Outreach and Training
   - Retention Schedule Development
   - Managing Active Electronic Records
   - Developing RM Policies
   - RM in specific settings (Educational, Business, etc.)

2) *Content Developers. *Anne Marie Phillips and I were helped greatly on
the RM for Archivists webinar by Farrell and Christie's contributions, and
we would like to be able to offer the same assistance to any potential
presenters. Possible tasks in this role include helping to write slides or
other content, reviewing presentations for accuracy or clarity, providing a
run-through audience, etc. This is a great way to get involved in the
process if the presenter limelight isn't for you.

 3) *Content Ideas. *​If you have questions about or expertise in a topic
not mentioned above, we want to hear about it! Even if it's just something
you want to learn more about but don't want to present on, let us know-- we
can always add to the above list in our call for presenters or developers.

 Working on a webinar is a great way to get involved in SAA and the RMRT,
add to your resume, and share your knowledge with your colleagues. If you
are interested in contributing to any of the above three pools, please
email me, Beth Cron, or Christie Peterson. We look forward to hearing from
you!

  Brad Houston, CA
University Records Officer
Archives Department