Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2015 20:42:56 +0300
From:
NKhramtsovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Sharon,
Pity you haven't provided the context...

"Under the Privacy Act, a system of records is a group of records from which information is retrieved by the name of an individual, or by any number, symbol, or other unique identifier assigned to that individual."
http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104253

More general meaning:

Records system - information system which captures, manages and provides access to records over time (ISO 30300:2011, 3.4.4; ISO 15489-1:2001, 3.17)

Records management system - A framework to capture, maintain and provide access to evidence over time, as required by the jurisdiction in which it is implemented and in accordance with common business practices (ISO 16175-2:2011, 3.23)

Hope this helps.

With my best regards,
Natasha Khramtsovsky