Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:53:23 -0500
From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Articles like this and the 60 minutes piece (which I watched) make me
yearn for the simpler days of automobiles

My first car was a Chrysler Valient four door with a 318 V8 two barrel
carburetor that could do 100 mph.  I could lift the hood and see the
whole engine without any wires or hoses in the way.  I could do all of
the maintenance myself using just a few tools and and a little elbow
grease.  Tuning the engine and changing the plugs were pretty straight
forward and didn't require computers.

With today's vehicles about the only thing an owner can do is change
the oil, flush out the radiator and replace brake pads.  Everything
else has to be done at a dealer.

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
Virginia Beach, VA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bblanco

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your
balance you must keep moving." -- Albert Einstein