Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:11:18 -0800
From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Bruce writes:"Articles like this and the 60 minutes piece (which I watched) make me yearn for the simpler days of automobiles."
We are in an interesting time. Personally I like things that I can maintain or fix. I keep a car that is 42 years old. I can work on it and do change my own oil. I have all the records documenting the car including the original window sticker. (Yes they are scanned for backup.) But this isn't my daily drive. I leave that duty to a modern auto.
Interesting to me how getting my drivers license the day I turned 16 was the event of my life. And now many of my friend's kids have no interest in driving. And that's fine. Living in South Lake Union (Seattle) and working for Amazon why do you need a car? Getting their first iPhone (or whatever gadget) will be the event of their life.
What isn't fine is things talking to each other but people not so much.
Rock on!Sharon
Sharon Burnett, CRM
Seattle Washington USA

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apart
and see why."