Sender:
From:
Ben Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:55:41 -0500
Hello,

Yes Peter I think you nailed it in the quote:

"but I think the key from the court standpoint would be - what is the
organization's legal hold process and is it being followed in a consistent
manner."

Let me state also - the IT preservation process is really more of a fail safe.
The actual custodians subject to the hold of course have a duty to
immediately stop deleting email upon receiving the hold notice.  My point is
that the fail safe process is exactly that...a process...and involves human
action.  It is reasonable to me to allow IT to have a certain period to
complete the process.