Sender:
From:
"Tansey, Eira (tanseyem)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:42:08 +0000
Hi all,

I am going to be meeting soon with a team at my institution involved with rolling out box.com<http://box.com> to our university. I've heard that Box is introducing retention capabilities to the system, and have read a few things on this, including https://www.box.com/blog/boxworks-update-manage-the-full-content-lifecycle-from-creation-to-disposition/ and https://www.box.com/blog/the-products-that-power-box-for-financial-services/

It seems that this feature may still be in beta, but if anyone is using the retention capabilities within Box -- Can anyone speak to whether retention is only in the "Box for Financial Services" package? Is it an add-on for any enterprise system? Do the users declare the record, or is this automatically done in the background? Maybe the answer is "it depends on the configuration." I'd appreciate hearing anything about what the set-up looks like.

Thanks all,

Eira Tansey
Digital Archivist/Records Manager

Archives and Rare Books Library