Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 19:47:20 +0000
From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Working on this right now, as it happens.  My employer has no job listed as "Records Manager" - or anything even close. I am an "Administrative Lead Technician" (which used to be called "Clerk III" but hey, why use 2 syllables when 9 will do?) If I am a qualified Records Manager, it is only because I have basically made up my job as I went along, having been hired 29 years ago as a one-man microfilming unit. After nearly 30 years, my knowledge of how the organization's records works is irreplaceable - so what I am pushing for is that by the time I leave (possibly as soon as this coming September, but also possibly not until 2017 - depending on some outside forces that have top fall into place before I leave) there should be a Records Manager position created, with salary and requirements commensurate with a CRM level person.  If they can't have all of the knowledge in my brain (which I plan to take with me when I leave) they need to have someone who knows what Records Management really is and who would come in with the power and respect that I have never had to put into place the real RIM program that I have never been able to accomplish.

David R. McLallen
Boulder County Records Manager
Boulder CO