Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:27:21 +0000
From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
You're right about the Geico commercial - absolutely great, but then it seems that Geico has had the best commercials for a long, long time.

My favorite commercial from the past is one I have only seen once, on a videotape of commercials from the 50s. It was a commercial for the Volkswagen Beetle, in black & white. Started with a blank screen and you see a Beetle drive across the screen from left to right and disappear off the right edge of the screen.  Then the following words appear on the screen:

"Volkswagens go forvard."

Then you see the Beetle reverse across the screen from right to left.

"Volkswagens go backvards,"

Then the Beetle reappears on the screen and stops, accompanied by the final caption.

"Isn't that vonderful?"

David R. McLallen
Boulder County Records Manager