Sender:
From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:13:07 -0500
I believe I totally disagree with the McLallen post.   It is true the media
is dominated with the issue of the Hillary e-mails but this is a legitimate
records management issue as we try to grapple with the issue of electronic
records.   I don't read every post but I believe Peter is simply sharing
what appears online and it has sparked locally questions about should
university presidents and employees utilize private accounts on e-mail
which may or may not be public records.  Of course the Florida Governor
issue about use of private e-mail and the resulting lawsuits for public
records by the Associated Press and others also reflects this issue.   I
don't see these postings as political at all, but as a historian, nearly
everything is political.

Dean

Dean DeBolt, University Librarian (Professor)/University Archivist
University Archives and West Florida History Center
University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
[log in to unmask];   850-474-2213

West Florida History Center is the largest and most comprehensive
history collection about Pensacola and the West Florida region.
http://libguides.uwf.edu/universityarchives

Digital collections can be found at:  http://archives.uwf.edu/Archon/
<http://143.88.66.76/Archon/>