Sender:
From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:01:53 -0500
As has often been said, "Politics ain't beanbag."

The fundamental problem in United States politics these days is the refusal
of people sitting in one party to listen to people from the other party
(and you may insert both major political parties -- and their extremes --
into that statement). There is no compromise. You only win when the other
guy loses. That's a big deal for me. It eliminates the exchange of ideas
and points of view and leads to either people shouting down their opponents
or refusing to consider any other point of view. That's pure and simple
narrow-mindedness.

Now, whether or not you support or oppose the political viewpoint of the
former Secretary of State, take a step back and consider for yourself the
information governance implications of the chief executive of your company
/ agency / organization / entity setting up their own email domain on a
server in his or her basement and conducting official business on that
server. THAT, my friends, is the issue we should be debating. The
particular context in this instance is a Federal official. And from time
immemorial, my understanding of the definition of a record always has
included "regardless of physical form or characteristics".

I've said more and will probably have some additional thoughts at:
http://cunninghamabovetherim.blogspot.com/

And if you've been around RECMGMT-L for any amount of time (in my case,
since 1993), you know we have these spats from time to time. Use the Delete
button liberally if you don't like something. It's good therapy.

Patrick Cunningham, FAI