Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:22:13 -0400
Subject:
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
> Snips from
>
> From: Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
> Subject: Re: Clinton Email Kerfuffle:Call for Cabinet-level IG
>

> "So what you are saying is that an IGers (for a lack of a better term)
> is a jack of all trades and master of none.  I would be interested in
> knowing how many IGers are experts let alone perform all of the
> functions you identify.”
>

>   To me, RIM is the governing body, the umbrella that is trying to cover every area of the organization and I suspect a lot of fellow professionals are doing the same thing.
>
> At the end of the day, as RIM professionals, we have been doing Information Governance long before Information Governance was around.

Exactly!!!  If every time a new brand comes along, records managers try to rebrand themselves; then you give up all the progress you made under the old brand.

Since ARMA refuses to be a bully pulpit for RM’s some group of RM’s must stand up each time and defend the flag. Otherwise the newby dilutes the brand.  Mountain Dew is fighting Red Bull and Red Bull fights and even stronger Caffeine drink.  Each one unhealthier than the last.

RM done right protects the host organism and E-Discovery is major surgery on the organism and if RM was done right the E-Discovery will show that the organism is healthy enough to survive the litigation.

My analogy machine might be off.  I need a Mountain Dew.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM