Sender:
From:
charlene martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2015 13:00:44 -0400
I am hoping to hear from the experts :)

First, I should clarify my question. I am a recent graduate (3 yrs ago)
from an archival program, so I wonder if I am "showing my green" in
adhering to what my professors taught me, that digitization does not equal
preservation (i.e., keep the originals in addition to the digitized
version). Also, my primary training is in archives (manuscripts), although
I am currently working with record collections too. I wouldn't toss
permanent retention originals, and why digitize those on retention periods,
only to dispose of them at the end of their period?
All the more reason for me to learn from all of this.

Here is the thread: