Sender:
From:
Gary Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2015 13:44:29 -0400
I think that by "email retention policy" people mean how long an email
that is not pulled off and filed in a folder or record repository will be
left on the email server or Notes database account for that person before
it is deleted. If you're pulling it off and filing it, whether manually or
in an automated system, it's now a record (that may have been and should
have been filed in native format, but it is no longer in an email system).
If it's still on your email server or Notes database then it's still kind
of in the pile. So the "email retention policy" that people inquire about
could go something like this:  "file it by [X days] if you want to keep
it. because if you haven't, then after [Xdays] it will be deleted. So by
"email retention policy" I believe they're asking about "email the system"
not "email the document."  Or not.
Gary Link
Pittsburgh, PA
"I understand each of your words individually, but put them together in
that order and I'm struggling."

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com