Sender:
From:
Alex Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 15:58:30 -0400
Good Day,

Wow this thread has gone from asking about an awards dinner to is the RIM
profession dead? I think we all need to take a deep breath and collect
ourselves.

Every non-profit professional organization has had to find new and creative
methods of adapting to the brave new world we live in. People need to step
back and realize that Records professionals deal with the exact commodity
that is most in demand: information. If anything, we are more relevant now
than ever before. ARMA has had a voice in helping to craft legislation
around proper use for email. We have become so important that there are
even sub organizations like IGI Initiative and InfoGovcon that have
identified a need in our space and are capitalizing. Lets embrace and
celebrate all of these developments. This is not the time to engage in
reductionist thinking. What do all great companies, countries,
civilizations etc. have in common? They have all had to innovate and adapt
to survive. Why should we be any different?

My 2 cents.

Alexander Campbell
Records Manager
Cohen & Gresser LLP