Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:25:48 -0400
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I appreciate the insights.  I have thought of various comments but it is too easy to slide into the politics of this.

I just wish that all the decisions on classifying and protecting documents was based on heart felt love for Country and not on what served one’s own political purposes.

It seems all decisions now are based on polarizing effects of an action rather than real regard for protecting the country. Only a true disaster or economic collapse will wake politicians up to the reasons these requirements for protecting sensitive information were developed.  In World War II everyone understood that “Loose lips sinks ships!” But now our politicians on both sides would be less concerned with the loss of the ship and the loss of American lives, but on whether they could blame the other party for the event.

If only our government staff would follow the ethical procedures defined by Larry and Bruce….and outlines in a very straight forward Executive Order from back in 1982.  I had to search Google to see who was President back then; and it happened to be Reagan.  But it could have been any President from back in the day where Country came first.

Hugh Smith