Sender:
From:
charlene martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:07:28 -0400
I am moving 28 filing cabinets from a non-preservation environment to one
that is. These cabinets have likely never been cleaned or dusted.

I really don't want to bring any of the dust or contaminants into the new
environment, so I think I should remove the contents of a filing cabinet,
clean the interior and exterior, let it off-gas, then put the contents back
in. I am going too far with this?

I also think I should be avoiding any cleaning product that has chlorine
and ethanol in it - can I use castille soap and vinegar? Does anyone know
of archival storage-safe cleansing materials for housing hardware such as
filing cabinets, that I can buy at Walmart and not University Products?

Thank you for your help with this!

Charlene Martin
Sisters of St Francis of the Neumann Communities
Syracuse NY