Sender:
From:
"David E." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:02:08 -0400

> I don't want to denigrate the mighty air conditioner, but the question asks
> what invention has benefited *mankind*.  Air conditioning is a luxury that
> today benefits a relatively small percentage of the world's people.

Very true, and with that in mind, I'll change my modern answer to good old
electricity. Wouldn't have air conditioning or much of anything today
without it, even if Edison did successfully sue a couple of my ancestors at
the turn of the 20th century over one of his patents.

David Eisenberg
AHRC New York City