Sender:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:41:49 -0400
Subject:
From:
Carl Sack <[log in to unmask]>
As Shaw once said: “The reasonable man tries to adapt himself to the world. The unreasonable man tries to adapt the world to himself. All societal progress therefore depends on the unreasonable man.”

So based on that, I would say domestication (be it of animals, plants, whatever). The moment we decided to start bending the world to our rules rather than vice versa is the moment we became the planets dominant species.

--
Carl E. R. Sack, MLIS
Email: [log in to unmask]  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>