Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 22:29:29 +0000
From:
"Creamer, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Off topic:

Well Katy, I'm truly sorry if you were offended, but I am simply reacting to what you wrote.  As you say, I don't have anything else to go by, because I don't know you. This will be my last post about you personally because I don't want to continue to offend you, or anyone in our audience who values being PC or is thin skinned.  I've been offered many opportunities without any effort on my part because decision makers thought my ideas were fantastic.  I've also had partners in Firms who wondered - who hired this guy?  I've walked into companies, looking for a job, and been hired just by my reputation in an industry, without even filling out an application.  Sorry if you haven't.  I assumed this situation was like that.  We all know what can happen when you assume...

On topic:  I think the IT folks who build AI car software will be smart enough to do software updates in such away as to not cause a problem.  Microsoft doesn't just update my home computer, I have control of when that happens.  I'm sure they could do updates when the car is not in service.

While no connected system is above being hacked, I'm sure that car software for self driving cars is going to have many safety failsafe features, including not stalling on the roadway, but rather safely moving the car to the shoulder.

Bill Creamer
Records & Conflicts Manager

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain.  Email messages to clients of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; email messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged.  Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it.  If you have received this message in error, please forward it back.  Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP is a limited liability partnership organized in the United States under the laws of the State of Delaware, which laws limit the personal liability of partners.