Sender:
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 13:29:54 -0700
Hi Cheryl,

I haven't sat for any of the CIPP exams so I don't know for sure. And I
don't know how much background you have or how directly applicable it would
be. But I always caution certification candidates, be it for CIP, CRM, or
any other exam, that the ideal candidate has some background in the areas
covered (as you seem to) and that a prep workshop should really be viewed
as more of an in-depth review than an opportunity to learn significant
amounts of completely new content.

I just wrote a blog post on a very similar topic in the context of the CIP
- here's the point I made: "Similarly, we think pretty highly of our CIP
study guide <http://www.aiim.org/Resources/Toolkits/How-to-Prepare-CIP-Exam>
 and CIP Prep workshop
<http://www.aiim.org/Education-Section/Public-Classes/2017-February-CIP-SS>.
But it is not realistic to go into the prep workshop cold, with no
background or experience in any of the domains, and expect to pass the CIP
3.5 days later. The workshop and study guide are better understood as ways
to brush up on topics you know, and do some light studying of things you
might not be as comfortable with." The entire post is available at
http://informata.blogspot.com/2017/02/how-to-prepare-for-cip-exam.html .

I look forward to reading others' thoughts on the CIPP specifically - it's
another one that's on my list. :)

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM, IGP
Denver, CO