Sender:
From:
"Petersen, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:20:19 +0000
Good Morning,

Getting into my first conversations on Hadoop data lake's and must admit I'm behind the curve.  I've done some basic research on them and how they are different from relational databases but am not clear on the RIM/IG aspects of them.  To me the way data (both structured and unstructured) is pulled into the data lake it seems that records could be part of the equation , at an initial level.  The other possibility to me is that the records are created after elements are created/pulled from the data.  I also feel that the line between data and information is blurred.  The initial talk is for the actuarial piece of our business.

I'm looking for input to help clear it up in my mind and know this group will have some answers

Thanks

Steve Petersen, CRM | Records Manager, Records & Information Management
o: 319-355-5837 |
e: :[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>| w: www.transamerica.com<http://www.transamerica.com>

Transamerica
[6400 C ST SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404]